Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About JG's future
it's been nearly a year since newbs was gonna close the forum down, and since then the forum's life was extended thanks to parrot and newbs. newbs paid the fees for the year and the domain will be expiring in june this year if it doesn't get renewed.

many ppl supported locking the forum and changing it into a blog. it will be like asianfanatics forum where their front page shows the news, and u have to click somewhere to enter the forum. but in JG's case, the forum will be locked. the blog will look something like this: http://joeygalaxy.wordpress.com/

i think this will eventually happen. so the question is when? do u guys want to wait till after the 1314 DVD is released (for final discussion on the concert)? as soon as possible?

perhaps another important question is, does anyone even care for getting Joey news/pics/info (from JG) anymore? if not, then there isn't really a need for a blog either, in which case we can just lock the forum without the addition of a blog.

if u have alternatives/suggestions/comments, please voice them now.
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
JG isn't my main source of info anymore but I think it's good to have some sort of space for people to comment/discuss stuff that's happening with Joey.

So I still support the blog idea. It's probably simpler to maintain and you can still discuss stuff in the comments section. I actually like the idea of having everything related to one point grouped together - like all the photos/videos/news for one event together as opposed to separated across different things like we have now.

Wordpress also gives you the option of adding contributors/authors/editors to your blog, so theoretically, it could turn into something like a forum just without the complicated forum sorting system. But then, there could be some technical issues. o_o
is weibo ur main source now?
One idea, how about add a single DISQUS page (or similar) so that people can have some sort of conversations? We don't have a whole lot of discussion here, so it could suffice. It would be easier to follow than having comments on individual blog pages, which is more standard. It can be something like that Shoutbox, but we can put it on the top of the blog.

This is like how I have it on this page: http://www.sm128c.com/hk/

I suggested it earlier, but I can take over the domain and pay the fees. I also have hosting with unlimited space, and install wordpress if you like. It isn't a problem if I'm able to do it.
JG is still my main source of info and news. Mostly and probably because we have awesome people here to translate articles. But I also don't want Newbs to be using money for a forum that's decreasing in number and members. I'll respect whatever Newbs decision is whether to shut it down or lock it up. I don't mind if we have our forum turned into a blog that'll be cool and fun Smile But I'll definitely miss our avatars and "titles i.e. Joey's pen, Joey's microphone..." I just hope most of us would contribute and continue commenting if we switch to a blog page. I'll miss you guys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

J O E Y Y U N G . S T A R L I G H T L E G E N D .
----------------------------------------------------
THE/TEEN/CAN/FORUM/dedicated.to: 側田
RAII:SUPER FAN of GARY.CHAW.GE 曹格
吳卓羲is the best of TVB
TEENWOLF::TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES::ON THE FIRST BEAT::
REVOLVING DOORS OF VENGEANCE::THE FOUR::
FINAL FANTASY VII&VIII
hb, the shoutbox is a good idea.

my main concern with not doing a blog and simply locking the forum is that the few ppl who still come to JG may lose interest in Joey faster. it will eventually happen as we grow up, but the process may speed up if those ppl dont have other sources of getting info/updates and maintaining interest.
Locking the forum kinda just maintains it in time, I didn't like the blog idea initially, but after thinking about it, as long as ther eis some way where fans can have some sort of discussion, I'd be fine with it.

If you guys are ok I can ask newbie to take over the domain (and probably hosting too), since clearly she isn't really doing the day to day stuff here anymore. I see it still has a few months left before expiry so we have time.

Domain is a few dollars a year, and I already pay for regular hosting so the expense is near minimal, I have no problems paying for it.
Yeah we had a fine run. Whatever is best for newbs I am happy for it.
hb why didnt u like the blog idea?
spoiledbrat Wrote:hb why didnt u like the blog idea?

It doesn't really provide coherent discussion beyond each article, but if we have a place for maybe general talk, that can be okay too. Maybe a single forum for general discussion or a chatbox.