Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In first class with Joey - my friend's experience
Cosmic_tears Wrote:My friend is actually quite a big fan lol - she's into her later twenties but still. I don't find Joey awkward around us North American/Euro admirers - well, maybe it's just me then.

Relationship, friendship, and family life questions were asked and candid answers were given. Sorry! those can't be published and will likely to the grave with us. However there's alot of interesting stuff that can be shared....

(Translated by me - all quotes from Joey unless otherwise stated)

"I don't like compilation albums. It's like saying "sorry I don't have any new work out yet - please just buy this for now as money is needed".
There are a few good tracks on them but I don't like having so little control over their creation." - On her music being featured in a gazillion mix albums - including those with other artists/EEG sampler packs over the years.

"I stay away from bready stuff - noodles and veggies are good."
- on diet and keeping her figure.

"I try not to wash it too much." - on her "shiny" hair

More to come later....
where is your friend from? it sounds like she is fluent in cantonese. maybe joey thought she's an asian-asian fan haha. i am so so so jealous of your friend. there is no way i could hold a 1 hr 20min convo with Joey in english, let alone in chinese. if i was ever on the same flight as joey, i probably wouldn't even approach her because i would be afraid of disturbing her, when she could be sleeping/resting on the plane. maybe just a hi and then stare at her from afar :p

it sounds like your friend asked a lot of personal questions - again, as a fan, i would not even dare ask them. your friend got guts Big Grin
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
She's half HKer half Caucasian - she looks pretty much totally Chinese though lol. She's totally fluent in Canto. Indeed alot of personal questions! it wasn't awkward according to her though, she asked them casually and Joey was just as easy answering them. No dodging or nasty moments at all.

She's just a human being lol, once you get over the fact that it's JOEY FRICKIN YUNG in front of you - she's really easy to talk to. Being caught with her in a luxury cabin at 30,000 feet would also help I assume.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [Image: Renee6426.gif]

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."
Seriously? Even with her entourage she was able to chit chat with your friend like any passenger. Especially asking such personal questionis about relationship and friendship? Hehe such a rare occasion, is there ANYTHING you can share with us regarding her relationships or friendship? don't have to be totally specific. I think many people on here can keep a tight-lip or respect this precious meeting. At least tell us if what she shared with your friend is pretty much close to what she says during her interviews and the latest wanting to settle down and have kids? Maybe can PM us if you don't feel it's possible to broadcast it on here.
Cosmic_tears Wrote:She's half HKer half Caucasian - she looks pretty much totally Chinese though lol. She's totally fluent in Canto. Indeed alot of personal questions! it wasn't awkward according to her though, she asked them casually and Joey was just as easy answering them. No dodging or nasty moments at all.

She's just a human being lol, once you get over the fact that it's JOEY FRICKIN YUNG in front of you - she's really easy to talk to. Being caught with her in a luxury cabin at 30,000 feet would also help I assume.
i've heard from many fans, interviewers, other celebs, that joey is like the most down-to-earth star ever
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
Her minders I find are rather like guard german shepherds (perhaps abit demeaning but I find it to be true) - their reactiveness is parallel to the environments they are in. Her staff (minus a certain assistant I won't name and Mani) are among the more discreet/understanding amongst the EEG stables. Twins people were absolutely horrid - ugh, talk about guard dogs. They were snappy, rude, over-protective, and needlessly harsh.

Eh, She says she's going to be out with a autobiography in some years - perhaps by then? lol. Alot of it is very surprising and I haven't heard it from anyone else - I don't want to start a huge scandal of offend JY6 herself of course (Hey, any of us could one day end up having a close encounter with her - don't want to persecute the lady for being honest during a casual convo or make her feel betrayed). I'll think it over...

spoiled,

Yah - she's really kewl. FS (y'all know whom I mean) is snotty as f*ck - and we all know how talented/famous she is and how much she's achieved. She's totally entitled to act that way... *sarcasm*

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."
LOL I have to admit that I AM curious on the personal questions too (would be a lie if I said I wasn't). But totally understand that some of the conversation should just be kept private between Joey and your friend (lol and you). Even for me (a regular person) I would like certain conversations to be kept just between me and the person I was having a conversation with. So yeah if it's something that shouldn't be broadcasted then just don't. I'm already happy that you can share what you can already. Smile

It's very nice to know that Joey was cool about it and wow 1 hour and 20 minutes!?!?! That is one long convo. O_O lol though I am a bit surprised that she was willing to answer personal questions even though it was the first time meeting your friend?

Thanks again for sharing and translating. Looking forward to the rest of it. Smile
Kei,

I'll talk it over with my friend and think it over as well - perhaps I may put in tidbits of it in edited parts around the forum later and it'll be a guessing game lol. A hour and a half (nearly) can fly by quickly when you're having fun
Smile. They've seen each other twice (passed by, shook hands) - but yeah, she was really honest and comfortable.

"It's like Airport - it's a song that everyone can relate to at SOME point in their life. It's not exclusive to one kind of situation or feeling - the chorus is particularly powerful/touching (Note: her words were 'gum dong') and even some people who don't know how to sing the song know to sing the chorus!"
- On Dull Heart

"Very humbling, sort of surreal..."
- On Diva and looking back on her last decade.

"They're sweet - we've grown up together! hahahaha..." - On her fans.

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

1h and 20 mins! omg what a long convo! i dont think i will be able to have an intelligible convo with Joey.. i would be blabbering and fan girling =S Joey seems like such a nice person! as in she bothers to answer even personal questions.. some celebs just brush off sensitive questions and i am so wondering who FS is though i have a person in mind! cant wait for more tibits cosmic!
[Image: Joeybanner183-1.png]
^ we remember what happened the last time we saw her >.< so yes i guess it'll be the same if we meet her again Sad
[Image: CandycowsBanner.jpg]
[Image: 008.png]

我甘心再次 困在你小宇宙損失看大世界的褔氣  embracing your return  <3<3<3:love::love:
^ LOL! super fail! we were all too shocked to say anything! she is coming on 2 nov!! =D
[Image: Joeybanner183-1.png]