Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In first class with Joey - my friend's experience
A friend of mine was on a flight from HKG to TPE this past summer - she was on a business trip and found a tall, thin, pale, figure in sunglasses and sportswear in the first class cabin with her along with a small entourage... Ya, it was Joey. Haven't updated due to a busy and highly stressful events in my life - also I didn't even know about it till about a week ago. I saw photos on her phone - it's the real deal.

Conversation was made, questions were asked, interesting answers were given (not all can be revealed online), and pictures were snapped. Details to follow. She described it as a "unforgettable experience".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [Image: Renee6426.gif]

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."
wow! i am so envious of ur friend now! though i will never get to fly first class!
[Image: Joeybanner183-1.png]
omg what can you reveal, please share it with us !!!!
wow thanks for sharing cosmic. it's always exciting to hear about overseas fans' experiences with joey (even though your friend probably isn't a fan) just because it's rare (and even rarer that someone posts about it on JG) and Joey may interact differently with us vs. china/hk fans.
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
^as in much more shy and awkward? yup hahaha still a very nice girl tho
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
My friend is actually quite a big fan lol - she's into her later twenties but still. I don't find Joey awkward around us North American/Euro admirers - well, maybe it's just me then.

Relationship, friendship, and family life questions were asked and candid answers were given. Sorry! those can't be published and will likely to the grave with us. However there's alot of interesting stuff that can be shared....

(Translated by me - all quotes from Joey unless otherwise stated)

"I don't like compilation albums. It's like saying "sorry I don't have any new work out yet - please just buy this for now as money is needed".
There are a few good tracks on them but I don't like having so little control over their creation." - On her music being featured in a gazillion mix albums - including those with other artists/EEG sampler packs over the years.

"I stay away from bready stuff - noodles and veggies are good."
- on diet and keeping her figure.

"I try not to wash it too much." - on her "shiny" hair

More to come later....

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."
wow that's really cool! thanks for sharing what you can with us! Smile
It's a pleasure - there were alot of interesting points covered during the hour and 20 minute flight. Joey was very relaxed, candid, and funny - albeit very tired and hungry.

"*growly chuckle* as long as he has a sense of humor and knows how to have fun I'm ok...good looks help too hahahahahaha...." - On which male artists she prefers to collaborate with.

"I'm incomparable *hysteric laughing* - I think I'm not fast enough to keep up with the rest!" - On the flood of new artists from Mainland/Taiwan/HK and whom she thinks are her competitors

She feels Close Up, Give Love a break, and Something about You could have used more time and work. She is unsatisfied with her first three Mando albums.

More later....

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

^oh that's interesting cuz i remember her saying that Give Love a Break was one of her favourite albums, and that she really liked the overall image and music style for her first Mandarin album. I guess she named them because she felt that they had so much potential they could've been even better! (cuz the three cantonese albums she mentioned are all considered some of her best and most successful works)
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
I have to disagree with that for Something about You. Three good hits from that album but the album itself I am quite 'meh' towards. SOS & ASH have a better sort of flow to them IMO. Close up didn't do much for me but was nonetheless pretty good, GLAB I loved and still do.

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼