Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most suitable english song for Joey to cover?
Joey has sang The Way We Were and Superstar before. But i think i would like to hear a cover of Christina Aguilera's Beautiful! I'm sure vocally she'll be able to handle it!

Here are the links to the two songs if you haven't watched it yet!

The Way We Were
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4JqRzrVJAM

Superstar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqJkzP8ZSU
rsung Wrote:^ Newbs, when did Joey sing 'Hopelessly Devoted To You', and do you have a link to it? I would love to hear it, so if you can help me, I'll make sure your chimney will be the first one I climb down, and get stuck in, when I visit every JGer this Christmas! haha

That's very hard to find cause it was a few years ago rofl... And I think it was in one of those China Anniversaries... Don't remember >.< sorry. But I am 100% sure she sang it before haha... Don't worry, it wasn't that great LOL
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
OMG. You know, i had hopelessly devoted to you in my head in a fobby accent that I could have sworn was Joey's...

I think it was the 30 hour famine yearssss back.

I know I have the clip on my computer (somewhere) and i'd love to help you out, rsung but I'm away from home for another 3 months :p

I haven't heard let it be either...NEWBSSSSSSSSSSSS, has anyone told you that you're the coolestttttt *coughpleasetellmeapproximatelywhenjoeysangitsoi'lltrytoyoutubeitcough*
[Image: prettyeason.jpg]
Charis, many thanks for the two YouTube links! Smile I thought Joey's performance of 'The Way We Were' wasn't too bad because the song sounds good, her voice suited the song and her pronunciation wasn't too bad (there were one or two parts which could be better though). The same can also be said about 'Superstar', which is also another song that I like.

newbie123 Wrote:That's very hard to find cause it was a few years ago rofl... And I think it was in one of those China Anniversaries... Don't remember >.< sorry. But I am 100% sure she sang it before haha... Don't worry, it wasn't that great LOL

Thanks anyway, Newbs! Of course, this does mean I'm now not going to be dropping down your chimney this Christmas, so please do not be too upset about it! haha

van Wrote:OMG. You know, i had hopelessly devoted to you in my head in a fobby accent that I could have sworn was Joey's...

I think it was the 30 hour famine yearssss back.

I know I have the clip on my computer (somewhere) and i'd love to help you out, rsung but I'm away from home for another 3 months :p

Van, you can still help me out if you were to send me your house key, your address and also the password to your computer! haha jks

I've just looked at my collection of audio clips downloaded from JG and I did find the ones from the 2007 30hr famine show. However, I was only able to find Joey singing 'Eternal Flame' and 'I Won't Last A Day Without You', but there wasn't 'Hopelessly Devoted To You'. :frown:
^ Don't listen to Van... She knows JACK LOL

I am sure it was not from 30h famine! Haha.. But yes, Van is right about something... My memory of hopelessly devoted to you is someone singing in fobby accent too LOL. So that's why I'm sure it's Joey. I'll have a look at my old backed up cds this wkend and see if I get anything haha
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
^shut upppppppp

Yeah okay, I got that wrong. I got eternal flames mixed up with that song...but yeah, I know I have the clip at home...SOMEWHERE

*glares at newbs*

Rsung, I'd give you my house keys but you have to come to Aus first...you might as well go to Hk and get Joey to sing it live for you...soem coercing is going to be required.
[Image: prettyeason.jpg]
^ Van, aren't you in Hong Kong as well? If you are, how about I come to Hong Kong and you can sing 'Eternal Flame' for me, instead? haha

Newbs, thanks in advance for trying to find the song for me, and no worries if you're unable to find it. Smile
mm... thanks for those links
did the old JG forum have links to download the Femine 30 show (in 2003)?
I think 'the way we were' peformed by joey was really a treat to my ears! she just did it perfect in every sense.... good 'memorial' mood and every single word was added a fine finish; the pronunciation... really can't ask for too much as I don't think she is a frequent user of English.
Is it necessary to sing in English if she is to make a cover? Turning it into Cantonese may first sound weird, but there may be great examples, like those songs back in 2000's who would love me album.
^ newbs posted Joey's parts from the 2003 30hr famine a few yrs ago
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
yau_tak Wrote:did the old JG forum have links to download the Femine 30 show (in 2003)?

yau_tak, if you want the audio clips from the 2003 30hr Famine Show, I've uploaded them for you:

'Eternal Flame': http://www.sendspace.com/file/34q70g

'I Won't Last A Day Without You': http://www.sendspace.com/file/p6gu2k

Singing 共同渡過 and talking: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8hol0w