Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dec 9, 2003 / TVB8 MOD Awards; Joey Got Best Golden Song
The TVB8 Mandarin Music On Demand Awards was held at the studio of TVB City in Tseung Kwan O. At the awards, Joey got the award for The Best Golden Song for her mandarin version of My Pride, The Girl With Brandished Wings. She was so happy over this award that there were tears in her eyes. Andy Lau and Karen Mok got the awards for Best Loved Male and Female Singers respectively.

When Joey was interviewed, she yelled out 'Yeah' 5 times and said : "I didnt think I could get Best Golden Song award and especially at a mandarin music award show. It's a huge encouragement. (Were you disappointed about the female singers awards?) No, I wasnt. (You said that you will buy a new van if you won any big awards?) This time doesnt count. If i really won, i'll buy one. (Are you crying?) It was so unexpected. When I was singing up there, all the other singers were behind me and i was afraid that I might be taking up other people's time." She felt it was even happier to win the Best Golden Song award as it's harder to get. She told that she wants to celebrate her first win by taking her friends and fellow workers to eat oysters. She also said that she is choosing clothes to wear to other music awards and having a headache over it. She joked that she doesnt have the money to buy and hopes people would sponsor her.

There was no overall winner for the night as Joey,Twins, Miriam Yeung, Karen Mok, Jordan Chan, Andy Lau, Andy Hui, Richie Ren, Gigi Leung, Hins Cheung and S.H.E all gotten 2 awards. Eason Chan, Faye Wong, Kelly Chen, Jay Chou, F4, Sally Yeh and Stef Sun did not attend and had no awards. As for the music company with the highest award win, it was EEG with 7 prizes.

[Image: 09ec6p12.jpg] [Image: m488361SP.jpg] [Image: 1209enew07b1.jpg] [Image: e02120902_big.jpg] [Image: c51209_big.jpg] [Image: 20031209-ul-16.jpg]