Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nov 22, 2003 / Joey Helped Girl By Donating
Earlier, Joey took time from her busy schedule and visited cancer-stricken Lo Yuk Tung after Oriental Daily arranged a meeting for them. Joey, besides calling out to the readers for donation, has taken the lead by donating a 5-digit sum of money to Lo.

Lo, whose age is only 15 years old,has brain cancer as well as epilepsy which caused her to have convulsions. Due to this illness, her intelligence level and memory ability dropped and also,she needed to gather an amount of HK$300,000 to pay for her medical bill. When Joey heard of Lo's grief, she wasted no time and immediately find the time to visit her. This is not only some sort of consolation to Lo, as Joey has also donated a large amount of money to her as to set an example to the other would-be donors out there. Joey hopes this will help Lo to ease her burden and that more donors will come out and help Lo start a brand new life. Joey's fanclub has also help set up a donation campaign.

As she is affected by her brain cancer and epilepsy, her speech slurred and thinking became slower, thus even when she's got to meet her idol, she cant fully express her joy. Joey was saddened by this and donated her own money. Joey's manager Mani Fok tells reporters that Joey's fanclub has put a donation operation of their own. Joey said : "If I can help, I'd help of course. I hope that everyone would lend a hand by donating a little money. When the donation reaches its target, it will be used to help Yuk Tung." If you want to help Yuk Tung by donating , please call 27951234 - Oriental Daily Donation Hot Line.