Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Dec 6] 2006 JSG Rumours: Joey Wins For The 4th Time
Translated by 60699 @ asianfanatics.net
Taken from bbs.ent.163.com

All news in this article is according to reports and are not official results.

[Image: 06ec1p1.jpg]

2006 JSG: Joey Wins For The 4th Time; Leo's Chances Increased, Eason's Chances Lowered

The 2006 TVB Jade Solild Gold Music Awards will be held on January 13, 2007. According to reports, Joey Yung will win Favorite Female Singer award for the 4th time in a row. While Leo Ku will win Favorite Male Singer and Song of the Year for 愛得太遲.

For the Favorite Female Singer, Joey has the highest chances of winning because Miriam Yeung has been on a hiatus with her music while her contract is expiring and because Denise Ho isn't considered at par with Miriam and Joey, TVB has no choice but to give the award to Joey.

For the Favorite Male Singer, there are 4 contenders, Andy Lau, Hacken Lee, Eason Chan, and Leo Ku with Eason and Leo being the forerunners. But because Eason openly "dissed" TVB (refer to this article,) his chances at this award is lowered. To make it even more apparent that TVB is unhappy about Eason's voicing out, they sent an email to Cineoply (Eason's record company) regarding their unhappiness that Eason voiced his opinion. Therefore, Leo's chances at the award is increased while Eason's chances are lowered.

As for Song of the Year, Leo's 愛得太遲 has done extremely well and will win the award. Eason has a contending song, 最佳損友, that could win Song of the Year but because he did not attend JSG Round 1, this song is not nominated for any JSG awards.

With that said, anything can happen. TVB has ways of surprising people like they have in the past. For example, Andy Lau winning both major male singer awards and Hacken winning Favorite Male Singer last year and announcing his marriage plans.

-----
I do not like this article at all...

"Joey has the highest chances of winning because Miriam Yeung has been on a hiatus with her music while her contract is expiring and because Denise Ho isn't considered at par with Miriam and Joey, TVB has no choice but to give the award to Joey."

what's with the "tvb has NO CHOICE BUT to give it to Joey" .. so this reporter is hinting that Joey really isn't that good.. but TVB has no other choice!? oh wow =.="
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye
it's APPLE DAILY... what can expect. Of course they put it into the tone that joey wins cuz there's nobody else to choose. why don't they say that none of the others are as popular as joey, exactly what the award stands for :angry:
Thanks for the news Michelle. It would be great if Joey did win for a 4th time but only if it was on merit rather than because of any other reason.
stupid Apple Daily. i don't think its called "winning by default" wen Denise is not on par with Joey. when Joey was a singer for as long as Denise is now, she was already "on par" with the other top female singers. If Denise is as successful as Joey was den she would already have the status to win this award. how is Joey being more successful "winning by default"????

and its not like Joey won't win even if Denise was at par with Joey, and Miriam did not take a break. Album sales and concert ticket sales prove that Joey is still the most popular...

plus, Leo will probably win even if Eason did not diss TVB. Even though i like Eason more than Leo, Leo DID do better than Eason this year. so both ways Leo would have won.
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
i don't know why is TVB giving Joey this award, but i know Joey deserves this award. her hard work won't be a waste
Joey wins her awards because of her hard work and effort, not because TVB has no choice =_= stupid news...
[Image: JoeyStarLightconcertSiggyWithDateUs.jpg]
jeff Wrote:Joey wins her awards because of her hard work and effort, not because TVB has no choice =_= stupid news...

exactly.
plus, Joey did do pretty well this year in comparison with the other female artists.. let's just hope this junky news won't affect the decisions TVB will make..
H2o 1da
the point is, most pop female =/= best performance this year female artist =.= it's a matter of many year's work
Phil Wrote:the point is, most pop female =/= best performance this year female artist =.= it's a matter of many year's work

yeah.. it does somewhat matter :bite: I just hope Joey continues to recieve the female awards this year
H2o 1da
thanks for the news!