Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Dec 1] The 29th RTHK Award press conference
The 29th RTHK Award ceremony will be held on 27 January 2007 and yesterday there was a press conference for the show. Singers who attended including JOEY, Paula Tsui, Hocc, Miriam, Leo, Twins, Justin, Kay Tse and others.

JOEY who was late, when was asked for the reason by the reporters, explained that she went down from her car at the wrong place and therefore she had to walk far to reach there. After that, every singer took turns to ask for some advice from the senior singer, Paula Tsui. However, the question that JOEY asked was said to be contradicting with Miriam?s question. Miriam said that Paula is good in acting and asked Paula how she can react faster when acting. On the other hand, JOEY asked Paula does she think that a singer should not be distracted from their singing career by acting in movies. Therefore, JOEY was misunderstood by the reporters that she was making a dig at Miriam who is a singer but at the same time being an actress. In this, JOEY indicated that the questions to be asked were originally set by the host, later she self-reproached that she is blunt and should react faster and change it to the other questions.

Previously, JOEY was given a slashing criticism on her song, ?My pride? by a DJ in the show. That DJ criticized that JOEY?s English pronunciation in My Pride is very poor, especially in ?I?m proud to fly「up」high?, JOEY sang it as ?I?m proud to fly 「lup」high.? In this, JOEY admitted her mistake and apologized: ?Actually many of my friends to me that before, I have no choice, the feel and the way of singing is like that at that time and the producer used that part for the song. I apologize for that, next time I?ll be more cautious, every time when I sing now I?ll emphasis on my pronunciation, sometimes I?ll even use electronic dictionary to check for the proper pronunciation, I don?t want to give the wrong guidance to the kids.?

Formerly JOEY indicated that Hocc is her strong rival in this year and the competition between them has affected their friendship. When JOEY was asked about how was their friendship now yesterday, JOEY clarified that she was just joking at the time, two of them are fine. After that, when she was again asked whether Hocc is the only rival for her in getting the best female singer award, JOEY said: ?It?s unfair to other singers if you all say in such way. I believe that everyone is doing well this year.?Then JOEY was asked which female singer is more outstanding this year, JOEY said: ? This question is very dangerous, I think it?s Miriam, Vincy and Kay Tse are not bad as well.?

[Image: photo305250001.jpg]

There are quite a lot of pics, so i posted it in photo gallery:
http://www.joeygalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=83417#83417
[Image: no16_siggy.jpg]
Thanks for the news and pics no.16. Yeah, I've always thought Joey's English pronunciation was a little off in My Pride so it spoils it a bit. However its still a great song and Joey's pronunciation is much better now.

[Image: se01120110_big.jpg]

In this pic, has Miriam just broke wind causing Kenny to choke and the guy next to him about to faint!? :laugh2:

Sorry, I'm being lame and immature again. :o
stupid DJ...
that was 3 yrs ago
get over it
chiewwww sai hei
[Image: joeybanner2-1.jpg]
okay, that DJ should listen to how Leo sang My Pride.. his prounciation wasn't good either.. =,=" no offense..

I thought Joey's prounciation was okay wor... not bad in my opinion Big Grin

lol, pictures of Miriam+Joey and Joey+ Hocc haha.
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye
with the exception of "up" in My Pride, everything else seemed ok. i have heard so many Cantonese songs where the singer's pronunciation is worse...

lol, i wonder what Joey said to Miriam Big Grin thxs for the news!!!
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
Someone looks really ugly there.
..**Starlight**..
waaah her hair is so red
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
Thanks for the news, I didn't even notice that up thing when I listen to My Pride lol.
[Image: JoeyStarLightconcertSiggyWithDateUs.jpg]
thanks for the news!
I was eating noodles today and this girl was reading a chinese newspaper, and in the front of the entertainment section i see several pics of joey, one being very big, so i looked a few times over, and the girl like looked back thinking what the hell was i looking at her lol..