Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Nov 15] Mani : The hardest time for JOEY
Written by: Mani
Translated by: no.16

At first when I got to know JOEY, I felt that she?s quite similar to me, both of us are very serious when we are working but usually we are amiable. In my impression, JOEY is optimistic, she will always think for other people and doesn?t have any selfishness. This virtues are inherited from her mom, whenever she faces setback, she will just laugh it off, she?s a happy-go-lucky type of girl. In these few years, the only thing that made JOEY made her upset is the time when she lost her voice in 2002. At that time, she cried helplessly in the phone, but luckily everything is ok at last. Although JOEY is now the diva, in my mind, she is still an innocent little girl.

Due to I was too busy with my job in these few years, it had been a long time I didn?t gather with the EEG artiste. Recently, on JOEY?s invitation, I had a dinner with her and Twins. Initially I had an appointment, but I was softhearted, so at last changed the date of my appointment. Hehe, hopefully my client will excuse me.

That night, we finally decided to go for Ah Gill?s favorite Korean Barbeque. Perhaps I really didn?t gather with them for a long time, therefore they took turn to chat with me about their current situation. It?s hard to come by that we can gather and gossip, so we were all talking and talking, for almost three hours with lots of laughter during our dinner. After the dinner, Ah Sa suggested to go to play pool. Basically I don?t know how to play at all, but I still followed them. JOEY and Ah Gill are quite good in playing this, but Ah Sa? Hehe, still ok, at least she?s better than me. Three of them were contesting, but when it was not their turn, sure they will come to me and talk secrets. We were like have endless thing to talk about. Maybe it?s because we are all too busy, we appreciated that gathering very much.

JOEY is in single parent family since she was young. Under the guidance of her mom, she will always think for other people and she is optimistic to whatever she faces. Just like in these few years other people always doubt that she had undergone plastic surgery. Actually it?s because she knows more on make up now and her baby fat had gone as she?s getting elder. But JOEY didn?t angry at all, on the contrary, she is happy with that and thinks that other people will misunderstand it because she has become prettier.    
Actually JOEY?s weight used to more than 130 pounds before that. Luckily, with the help of the body slimming company, and the non stop dance practice, the fat little girl in the past, has now become The Girl Favored by Heaven who is slim and fit. I still remember once JOEY told me: ?If I go out without make up today, sure everyone will believe that I didn?t had plastic surgery before.? Of course, her true appearance will be revealed if there is no make up, but in fact, JOEY?s skin is really good.

In these days, the most upset time for JOEY is the time when she lost her voice in 2002. She felt totally upset and helpless. For her, that was the hardest time in her life. Her voice was husky for almost three months. JOEY was very nervous and worried that she couldn?t sing from that moment on. She was extremely down, just like in the doomsday, she told me singing is not only her career, but is everything to her.   

I still remember that at the time she phoned me to account for her condition, she already started to cry before I managed to reply her words. This made me felt that she was so suffering. I was worried therefore I decided to put aside my jobs and accompany her in her house everyday. I consoled her, on the other hand I also let her know that she need to relax to recover quicker. Luckily after rested and treatment for three months, her sickness recovered. After that, JOEY laughed and said that her voice is her asset and will take good care of it since then, she dare not to scream and shout anymore. This incident let her understand that we should face everything with calmness in order to help ourselves out of the difficult position.

[Image: wnep46p01a_mi.jpg]
JOEY?s dancing has improved a lot recently, when there is performance, JOEY will practice for dancing and make the audience in an uproar.

[Image: wnep46p01b_mi.jpg]
Initially I wanted to take photo of JOEY for this article, but Ah Sa suddenly butted in, hehe! This Ah Sa?

[Image: wnep46p01c_mi.jpg]
JOEY who is always optimistic, the saddest time for her will be the time she lost her voice.

[Image: wnep46p01d_mi.jpg]
JOEY was given the name as The Girl Favored by Heaven, she is getting slimmer and doesn?t look fat at all now, it?s really hard to imagine that her weight once exceeded 130 pounds.

[Image: wnep46p01e_mi.jpg]
Although I don?t know how to play at all, but it?s hard to come by that we can gather, of course I joined them.

[Image: wnep46p01f_mi.jpg]
Although JOEY used to look chubby, she is a good singer. She is now the diva and moreover has successfully put off her weight, I?m really proud of her.

This is a really long one Big Grin GO JOEY! GO Mani as well Big Grin
[Image: no16_siggy.jpg]
OoOo. First to reply haha. Its so true, makeup can do so much for a girl. A lot of stupid people think she did a plastic surgery cause her nose look smaller or her eyes look bigger, etc etc. But they dont even know the tricks of makeup. Just a little shading can make ur nose look smaller =o

Thanks for the news, glad to see them all so close ^^
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
newbie123 Wrote:A lot of stupid people think she did a plastic surgery cause her nose look smaller or her eyes look bigger, etc etc. But they dont even know the tricks of makeup. Just a little shading can make ur nose look smaller =o

YER..those ppl r so stupid...thats what conturing is for

ahhh...im so happy they had such a great get together
and mani is so nice to accompany her home everyday suring the voice lost incident

and ah sa is so funny..butting into the picture Rolleyes
[Image: giveloveabreakbanner.jpg] [Image: kju32.gif]
Thanks for the translation and pics no.16. Yeah, Mani and Joey seem more like great friends rather than a manager and her singer. Hopefully Joey won't have problems with her voice ever again!
awww..the photos loks sooo nice!and i really love readin the article..
[Image: GGresize.jpg] [Image: Friendsresize.jpg]

♥ GG & Friends

ll Facebook ll
i don't care what other ppl say as joey, cuz as a fan we should all trust in her. GO JOEY!
but no.16 how did u hav a gathering with Joey, Twins, and Mani?
^lol..i dont think no.16 did get a meeting with them..i think the article was written by mani n no.16 translated it...

thx for the article...it funny...ah sa butting in to the picture lol...hey...at joeys heavest weight..shes was around the same weight as i m now..-.-"..lol..need to lose it...

gald to c them all so close... Big Grin
thxs for translating no.16!!! wow, must've took so long.

and ya, GO JOEY, GO MANI Big Grin
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
JYfan Wrote:but no.16 how did u hav a gathering with Joey, Twins, and Mani?

When no.16 is not posting news and pics here on JG, she likes kidnapping celebrities and forcing them to take pictures against their will! Big Grin joking no.16

Yeah, like SenSen said, no.16 finds all the news articles on the net and translates it into English for us. Definitely a lot of time and effort required!!
Big Grin thanks for the translations ^______^ go joey!
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye