Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best guitar picks I've ever used...
I know some of you on here play the guitar as well, just got some awesome Gravity Picks in the mail today from Chris, fabulous! The glow like crazy under UV light as well and are handmade, can't get any better than that (but at $4, not cheap, but not as boutique as Red Bear). I usually use a mix of Dunlop Stubbies or thick Tortex Sharps, but I don't think I will pick them up ever again lol.

[Image: r0025901.jpg]

[Image: r00258812.jpg]

Brendan
Wow that's so awesome, Brendan! I'll definitely get one of those if I had a guitar hahaha.

Btw, welcome to JG! Big Grin
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
Thanks for sharing~ they look fab ! Different textures to suit Smile Too bad I have no musical talent whatsoever Sad
FWIW, Joey uses a Taylor 600 series guitar with a Honey Sunburst top, either a Grand Concert or Grand Auditorium (612ce or 614ce, because they're both easier to hold than a typical Jumbo, Dreadnought or what Taylor calls a Grand Symphony due to her small body size). In short, not a cheap guitar. starting at $3800 USD for the GA and $4000 for the GC.
^ thought it's been seen in pics that it's a 616? and someone was commenting on how crazy she was about 616 lol

but ahh.. what little knowledge i had of guitars has long flew away >.<
[Image: CandycowsBanner.jpg]
[Image: 008.png]

我甘心再次 困在你小宇宙損失看大世界的褔氣  embracing your return  <3<3<3:love::love:
Wow, it's so nice to have a guitar expert here on JG. I have always wanted to learn but I find it is too difficult. Maybe I should collect picks instead cos some look so cool.

Welcome to JG, Brendan!
The '616' makes sense, alluding to her birthday and all, honestly I'm just going by the pictures and assumption lol.

Guitar expert? Hardly, I just picked up the guitar, wanted a change from piano haha. Alas, I don't have the money to dump on a Taylor, I'll post a pic of mine soon, and it's pretty similar in colour to her's as well.
Thanks for sharing pics of your picks, Brendan! My favourite picks are the UV-reactive ones because they look so cool! Sadly, I know nothing about guitars, so here are a couple of potentially stupid questions: do picks eventually wear out after a certain amount of use, and does using a different pick affect the sound the guitar makes? All the best in continuing with expanding your nice pick collection, Brendan! Smile
thanks for the recom brendan!
i use Fenders picks medium because I'm not a hard strummer Smile i like it pretty much. I'll try this one you recommend because it looks coo Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

J O E Y Y U N G . S T A R L I G H T L E G E N D .
----------------------------------------------------
THE/TEEN/CAN/FORUM/dedicated.to: 側田
RAII:SUPER FAN of GARY.CHAW.GE 曹格
吳卓羲is the best of TVB
TEENWOLF::TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES::ON THE FIRST BEAT::
REVOLVING DOORS OF VENGEANCE::THE FOUR::
FINAL FANTASY VII&VIII
Yeah they do wear out, that's why I stick to thicker picks. In the end, it's a personal preference, they both have their uses. If you strum hard, thicker picks tend to break strings, but they offer a lot of control for pure picking whereas you'd have to really snug up on the tip of a thinner pick to reduce any flex. However if you play hard thinner picks often break and rip, so you'd need to carry alot of spares whereas one thick pick may last quite a long time. I have alot more picks, but those are the ones I pluck (pardon the pun) with most.

As for sound, this really depends on your playing style, so I can't really give you a correct answer.

Decent read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_pick#Thickness

My guitar (Simon & Patrick Songsmith Burst, can't get any better for the price really, made in Canada, solid spruce top, no crappy laminate here!), I really need a better camera, reached the limitations of my Ricoh P&S, pardon my backdrop, couldn't locate a better one:

[Image: r0025792.jpg]

[Image: r00257092.jpg]

[Image: r0025776.jpg]

[Image: r0025768.jpg]

[Image: r0025804.jpg]

[Image: r0025754.jpg]

[Image: r0025785.jpg]

Brendan