Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey's profile
Hi,
I want to ask that why JG have stopped updating the Profile box? It seems to be lacked of information. Awards thread just inform Joey's awards before the year 2004 Sad
I'm going to do a radio (60 minutes) about Joey, so I'm looking for Joey's complete information like: list of all awards, full profile, list of albums released and the exact story about how did Joey start her career, or certain special story or something like that...
Can someone help me?
Where can I find them?

list of awards (not sure if it's complete)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awa..._Joey_Yung

albums
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Yung_Discography

how she started
Joey was dragged by a friend to enter the Big Echo Karaoke Singing Contest in 1995. on the day of the contest, her friend quit last minute, and Joey got first place. her prize included a car and a contract with Go East. her career didn't go very smoothly back then. only one song, "The first time I want to be drunk," was recorded before Paco Wong and Mark Lui terminated her contract.

this part copied from wikipedia:

Afterwards, she continued with school while working as a clerk and helped her mother in managing the business of a fashion boutique. She was later introduced to Golden Pony Records Co. Ltd. by an ex-colleague of Go East. Not long after she joined the company, it withdrew its business in Hong Kong. Joey's singing career was once again terminated. A couple of years after, she followed Roman Tam, the godfather of Canto-pop, to learn singing. It was revealed in 2009 that she was a student of Teresa Carpio before she started her singing career.

Joey lost her voice in 2001 due to overusing her voice and the diet pills she was taking at the time. luckily, it was restored after receiving acupuncture treatments in Nanjing.
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
i love how someone made joey's wiki so more or less organized compared to other HK artistes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

J O E Y Y U N G . S T A R L I G H T L E G E N D .
----------------------------------------------------
THE/TEEN/CAN/FORUM/dedicated.to: 側田
RAII:SUPER FAN of GARY.CHAW.GE 曹格
吳卓羲is the best of TVB
TEENWOLF::TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES::ON THE FIRST BEAT::
REVOLVING DOORS OF VENGEANCE::THE FOUR::
FINAL FANTASY VII&VIII
YAH! Joey's wiki is like so complete! <3
[Image: Joeybanner183-1.png]
Yeahhh Joey's wiki page is sooo prettyy.
Sum, why are you doing a radio interview? is it like voluntary or u get paid for it?
[Image: joeybanner2-1.jpg]
I've participated in a biggest music forum of Vietnamese, this forum also has a box for Joey in C-pop areas, and I was moderator of that box 4 years ago, now another person is taking it. and because June is Joey's birthday month, so staff of that forum want to have a radio 60minutes about Joey to share, it is seen as artist-of-the-month's radio. the guy who is managing Joey Box asked me for help. I agreed and I'm going to play the roles as editor and MC haha. I will record reading Joey's information and choose some famous songs to put into it. I'm still thinking carefully in order to have a best choice, because I hope that such a radio will able to attract more people to become Joey's fan Big Grin

Yay! Go Sum!

Painful love & Dull Heart have got to be in it! haha!

Maybe play an audio from her concert (Starlight maybe) and comment on how her live is so great

Maybe you can also mention her relationship with her teacher, Roman.
[Image: joeybanner2-1.jpg]
what's the link to the forum? i may have been there before, because i saw forum where Joey's news were translated from english to vietnamese.

important songs in Joey's career: (u don't necessarily have to play these songs)
未知 Unknown - debut song
痛愛 Painful Love and 心淡 Dull Heart - famous classic songs
我的驕傲 My Pride - the song that made Joey popular, brought her to queen status
揮著翅膀的女孩 Girl with brandished wings - mandarin version of My pride
越唱越強 The More I Sing, the Stronger I Get - describes Joey's career
逃 Escape - new style with cool dance
一直看見天使 Always Seen the Angels - 10th anniversary song
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
JOEY FAN Wrote:Maybe play an audio from her concert (Starlight maybe) and comment on how her live is so great

Maybe you can also mention her relationship with her teacher, Roman.

you meant what audio? and about her relationship with Roman I dont know clearly, so I worry if I talk about it I would give incorrect mention =(

spoiledbrat Wrote:what's the link to the forum? i may have been there before, because i saw forum where Joey's news were translated from english to vietnamese.

important songs in Joey's career: (u don't necessarily have to play these songs)
未知 Unknown - debut song
痛愛 Painful Love and 心淡 Dull Heart - famous classic songs
我的驕傲 My Pride - the song that made Joey popular, brought her to queen status
揮著翅膀的女孩 Girl with brandished wings - mandarin version of My pride
越唱越強 The More I Sing, the Stronger I Get - describes Joey's career
逃 Escape - new style with cool dance
一直看見天使 Always Seen the Angels - 10th anniversary song

are you Vietnamese? why did you visit Vietnamese's forum? Smile yeah, I've found out that Hermonie is the person who translated Joey's news to Vietnamese =] that forum is www.yeuamnhac.com

about those songs, that's just 2 new songs, I think it must be included more recently songs, what do you think?

^ JOEY FAN means you can play some MP3s of Joey's live concert performances such as Starlight.

Joey considers Roman Tam (the 'godfather' of Canto-pop music) as her teacher and mentor, and credits him for helping Joey get famous.

Spoiledbrat is not Vietnamese, she's just one of those curious people that knows everything about Joey Smile

What do you mean by "I think it must be included more recently songs"? Did you want some suggestions for newer Joey songs? Since you said you wanted to choose famous songs, then I think you should include both new and old songs I guess.

Sum, good on you for your involvement in the VN forums and for doing the forum radio session! Sorry about the lack of updated information on JG~