Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey's new movie ticketbox sales...
newbie123 Wrote:yea.. joey's movie reaching 10 million is NO CHANCE la haha
aiyyy... newbs has spoken the truth... i guess we'd all be happy if even if it only went to $5 million :crying1:
Well for starters... how many big budget movies has Joey been in? Answer that and you can see why the movie she just did has little chance against the other giants that have come out at around the same time.

However, there is still that chance for Joey to be noticed in this movie if the movie is good in its own criteria... word of mouth is the best weapon, following that is reviews. There is always a silver lining in any grouping of clouds... how lame that saying is, they fail to mention that to reach that silver lining you have to work for it Rolleyes

But yeah, we'll just have to see how things go... Joey will only gain more experience working on movies with veteran actors, as her experience grows, she'll be noticed by more... time will tell.
Wow, 2046 is doing so well.

I am sure the ticket sales would increase, i saw the movie poster in a cinema in sydney and no offense but it doesn't look attractive..it looks kinda lame..but it's JOEY.
[Image: prettyeason.jpg]
Yes of course the ticket sales increase but daily revenue outputs are how it is calculated first, that comes before final ticket sales which is completely confirmed when the movie comes off the screens.

But yeah, poor art department for the movie I guess... if I was in HK I would have seen it just to see Joey on the big screen. But who knows how good the script, screen play and acting is overall? I won't comment on those specific areas until I have actually seen it... anybody seen it yet? LOL.
van Wrote:Wow, 2046 is doing so well.

I am sure the ticket sales would increase, i saw the movie poster in a cinema in sydney and no offense but it doesn't look attractive..it looks kinda lame..but it's JOEY.
actually.... correctedly, <2046> is NOT doing so well... the actual reports came up... joey's movie did better than 2046.... it was the jacky chan movie that had lots of people watching :roll:
wow....that's our joey! against all odds hey?? haha nice one joey!!
[Image: prettyeason.jpg]
JEEZ phil... lol, you do understand that you disappointed the JG population Rolleyes when you said Joey's movie wasn't doing well ><
LOL phil! jeez.. but yeahhh.. im glad joey's movie is doing better!! but then again.. reaching 10 million is still not easy..

man..i SOO want to see the movie!
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
usually, comedies or love movies don't work that well. i mean...look at all the sammi and miriam's movies...they're nice but then they don't REACH the highest. unlike those like infernal affairs or jiang hu or even 2046.
so we can't blame joey! haha
infernal affairs 3 or 4 or whatever after part 1 is all bs.. its just the big cast that makes it interesting.. but the story dont even make sense.. and jiang wu.. again..its just the big movie stars/singers.. i watched it.. and i didnt find it good at all.. and the ending was just..weird..didnt make any sense..
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link