JoeyGalaxy's New Layout
PROS
Utilises full screen
Displays the first post of new pic threads under news
Purple buttons

CONS
just time to get used to it
[Image: 66d5d336gw6de6kbs8w71g.gif]
glow7neatxd Wrote:i see 2 banners in my screen (17'' LCD) and the shoutbox loads so slow...

actually.. it IS 1 and a half banners.. cuz there were people who were complaining that the banner was stretched when jyf used only one.. so now it's 1 1/2 banners.. but dw.. he'll change it the moment someone gives him a proper banner of the proper size
[Image: CandycowsBanner.jpg]
[Image: 008.png]

我甘心再次 困在你小宇宙損失看大世界的褔氣  embracing your return  <3<3<3:love::love:
sandy714 Wrote:I don't like the new threads showing on the homepage...I'd much rather it be the categories because this is quite confusing...=S

If the new threads list were to be on the forum page, then what's the point of the portal lol. There shouldn't be a difference if you access the new threads list on the portal anyway cause I doubt many people actually click on the individual forums unless they are looking for a particular thread.

JiangYu Wrote:A suggestion: can you make borders so that the CSS is not stretched out. This would solve the stretched banner problem as well as making the layout more tidy.

What do you mean by making a border? The forum width is not defined yet so there may be problems later when we make a new banner. Maybe you can elaborate on the border thing to see if we could try it.

And for those who see a repeated banner on top, don't be alarmed.... it is normal because the banner is not the right width. We'll change it when someone can make us a new banner Rolleyes ANY VOLUNTEERS? Haha~
[Image: yesasia-logo.gif]

Help JG earn commission by ordering Joey albums on YesAsia via this link
The only thing I would prefer is to have the recent 15-20 threads that we had, was much more convenient Smile And the banner problem. Other than that it's good :great:
Support G.E.M. Love Joey. FOREVER
Add my Facebook
Follow my Twitter
Follow my Weibo
Check out my YouTube
^ we do have it.. it's jsut lower..
[Image: CandycowsBanner.jpg]
[Image: 008.png]

我甘心再次 困在你小宇宙損失看大世界的褔氣  embracing your return  <3<3<3:love::love:
im expereincing alot of problems with this new layout! .. first i went onto a topic and could view it, then a few seconds later an 'error' occured and it said that i had to contact admin about what i was doing when the error came up.. the error was that i could view the topic, then all of a sudden the posts disappeared and the error box came out.

secondly.. i keep gettin a message saying 'please wait 2 seconds before requesting another performance'.. and all i did was click on the 'forum' tab.. haiz..

besides that.. and the fact its a tiny bit confusing and takes time to get used to it, i say its quite nice ^^
^ Same with the 2 seconds thing, it's actually slightly annoying LOL. Also I've noticed that whenever you thank someone it reloads the page, any possibilities to stop that?
Support G.E.M. Love Joey. FOREVER
Add my Facebook
Follow my Twitter
Follow my Weibo
Check out my YouTube
i don't really like it :[ i use quite frequently the long list showing the recently posted/replied threads. but in this new layout...it has disappeared :[
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRBWMt31fo4][/url]
^ Priscilla, to view the most recent posted/replied threads, you can click on the 'New Posts' button at the top of the forum (highlighted in pink in the picture):

[Image: JG.jpg]

If you don't want to view the most recent news and pics threads on the main page, you can hide them by clicking on the arrow button (highlighted in green in the picture).

I've also experienced the 2-second warning that Jay and lt90 mentioned, but it was only once, a few days ago, and it hasn't happened since. Maybe it's because I haven't clicked on different threads in quick succession like I did before?
Sorry for the inconveniences guys, this is work in progress ^^

Priscilla Wrote:i don't really like it :[ i use quite frequently the long list showing the recently posted/replied threads. but in this new layout...it has disappeared :[

The Recent Threads on the forum page willl be back eventually Smile

Jay Wrote:im expereincing alot of problems with this new layout! .. first i went onto a topic and could view it, then a few seconds later an 'error' occured and it said that i had to contact admin about what i was doing when the error came up.. the error was that i could view the topic, then all of a sudden the posts disappeared and the error box came out.

I'm suspecting that this problem is due you coincidentally viewing the forums while I was making changes to the forum settings / files. Sorry about that, if the problem persistently occurs for you, please take a screenshot of the error and post it here thanks

Jay Wrote:secondly.. i keep gettin a message saying 'please wait 2 seconds before requesting another performance'.. and all i did was click on the 'forum' tab.. haiz.

Don't worry this is likely only a temporary measure that i've implemented to prevent bots flooding the server. As for now, instead of opening many pages in quick succession, wait 1 second in between requests and it will be fine.

lt90 Wrote:Also I've noticed that whenever you thank someone it reloads the page, any possibilities to stop that?

I don't have this problem, does anybody else?