Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All time favourite song by Joey
^fix you wasn't that great of a coldplay song....Rolleyes, in fact, they had a lot of better songs from the rush of something to your head album.

it also won my contest =(, cuz of one stupid vote if i remember correctly during the semifinals. and i think those votes were rigged but o well, lol
[Image: 6t1u6c.jpg]
RIP JG

JiangYu Wrote:It says, Heu Four Sing Leun Gnoi. It's called To Mars with Love. I can't answer the question by the way - too difficult. It'll take some time.

Yeah the thing with these English translations is that sometimes it's so weird/inaccurate I just don't bother remembering them.

How come no one mentioned 爭氣? Tongue
☆世上只有容祖兒

昔、君は全部だった-
今、自分の感じを守るのを習っている...
poptops250mls Wrote:How come no one mentioned 爭氣? Tongue

it has to be a favorite song...by some ppl's counts on this thread....so i can say "how come no one mentioned (insert random great joey song)?
RIP JG

you got a point there <3

I'll vote for it then LOL
☆世上只有容祖兒

昔、君は全部だった-
今、自分の感じを守るのを習っている...
QOObrethren Wrote:^fix you wasn't that great of a coldplay song....Rolleyes, in fact, they had a lot of better songs from the rush of something to your head album.
lol

yeah i know, but its always the song the audience sings a long to. And like a lot of ppl say, the sound of thousands of ppl sing along...best. sound. on. the. planet.
[Image: jjsig3.jpg]
^lol what? that last statement is wrong on many fronts, even for me to say, so ill just ask this question: how does one measure the relative audience singing involvement from one song to another...i'm even confused to what i've just said.
RIP JG

QOObrethren Wrote:i like a lot of her older songs as well...impossible to name an all time favorite song...not just by joey, but by one genre, another artist, another language, etc. first of all, what does it mean to be an all time favorite....are u telling me that there have never been times where u felt another joey song was better...even for a single moment? it's the collective good quality of joey songs that make her great.

well, having an all time favourite song and being able to appreciate the good quality of other songs past, present or future are not mutually exclusive.. at least for myself, the criteria for a favourite or all-time favourite is not limited to the musical quality of the song (i can certainly think of many other songs that are muscially more appealing, lyrically more meaningful, that Joey sang better, etc, than the four songs i listed).. au contraire, these songs were usually tied to certain important moments / events in my life (eg, could be songs that i listened to a lot at the time, listened with certain people, etc), and thus always evoke special emotions and bring back intense memories whenever i listen to or sing them again.. perhaps one day i will have new experience that will override the importance or intensity of those old ones, but so far, those 2-4 songs are still the ones that mean the most to me (yes, perhaps that is a clearer/better way to put it than favouite)

and that's the beautiful thing about music/art in general, ne c'est pas? it's not simply about the objective quality of the art form itself, but the ability of it to interweave deeply and strongly with our subjective emotions and personal experience
006 + hobb = ♥
^u are right in some ways, maybe im just taking a more objective point in trying to decide a favorite joey song, lol...but i have a lot of favorittes...it's really hard to weigh one joey song against another and say with confidence that one song is favorited by me to another song...
RIP JG

to answer it simply

Afraid, Crying, My Pride

Im still stuck in 2004, haven't been updated with Joey in about 2-3 years now
^ u must checkout her StarLight concert!!!
TVB's CUT version of power medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RO3qC3KsnQ
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]