Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents and Joey
awww thats sweet jackson ^^
my mum and dad are not into today's music, they're one of those who think HK music now is crap and bla bla and they like old cantopop. but they know im a Joey fan, thats all i can ask for xD
[Image: joeybanner2-1.jpg]
hmm.. they dun really like her.. but they dun object to my supporting her.. so i guess they are still ok with her.. not like we talk abt joey often.. cuz they definitely dun understand why i like her so much.. lol..
[Image: CandycowsBanner.jpg]
[Image: 008.png]

我甘心再次 困在你小宇宙損失看大世界的褔氣  embracing your return  <3<3<3:love::love:
my dad just reckons that I waste too much time watching/reading showbiz news. He thinks that they're all uneducated (only his views) that by reading about them makes me uneducated as well.

He likes Joey and thinks that she's a good singer and entertainer, but he opposes the fact that I'll buy her CDs and listen to her on the radio
rsung Wrote:My mum listens to quite a large variety of music such as Chinese Opera, Alan Tam, Anita Mui, Sally Yip, Paula Tsui, Jacky Cheung and music from the 1940-60's. As you can see though, there's no one recent in the list. I recently bought the Lau Kar Cheung concert DVD and after my mum watched it, she said Joey sang really well and I was so happy! Big Grin I constantly play Joey songs in the house and in the car so I'm hopeful she'll succumb to Joey in the end! Big Grin If she doesn't I'll need to turn to more drastic and violent measures! :laugh2:

LOL rsung!
yeah, Joey did sing really well at Lau Kar Cheung's concert...
oh me too. I constantly play Joey songs when my parents are driving! but they don't make any comments Tongue just listen... Big Grin
and I have to agree, my parents think that overall, the music industry in hk is not decent, but luckily they're okay with Joey Big Grin and think she's one of the better singers in hk as of now
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye
rsung Wrote:My mum listens to quite a large variety of music such as Chinese Opera, Alan Tam, Anita Mui, Sally Yip, Paula Tsui, Jacky Cheung and music from the 1940-60's. As you can see though, there's no one recent in the list. I recently bought the Lau Kar Cheung concert DVD and after my mum watched it, she said Joey sang really well and I was so happy! Big Grin I constantly play Joey songs in the house and in the car so I'm hopeful she'll succumb to Joey in the end! Big Grin If she doesn't I'll need to turn to more drastic and violent measures! :laugh2:

yeah i think my mom listened to anita 4 kings, and alam, and all the legends a lot too. lol you are just making a prison lock on music of joey music. imagine if you had to hear other types of music...lol well goodluck with the drastic and violent measures if it turns out they dont succumb Wink

WaterWonders Wrote:LOL rsung!
yeah, Joey did sing really well at Lau Kar Cheung's concert...
oh me too. I constantly play Joey songs when my parents are driving! but they don't make any comments Tongue just listen... Big Grin
and I have to agree, my parents think that overall, the music industry in hk is not decent, but luckily they're okay with Joey Big Grin and think she's one of the better singers in hk as of now

hk music today compared to the past is really hard to compare, 90s was golden age, and until there comes another golden age, everything else is either bronze or silver....get my drift. joey has good music but sometimes her image is what people talk about.

lol and better singers in hk yup def but theres not much to choose from, theres what less than 30,40 singers active
[Image: 6t1u6c.jpg]
RIP JG

^ if only she wasn't in EEG.. i think some people will change their views if she signed with Golden Label or Universal..
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye
My mom likes Joey too ^^. She praises about Joey's live and singing and likes her songs too. I'm pretty happy that my family likes Joey ^^.
[Image: JoeyStarLightconcertSiggyWithDateUs.jpg]
my parents doesn't really admire Joey, but they once told me that she is really improving. and i can tell my mom is starting to like Joey, cuz she loves the song "my pride".xD
lol my mom enjoys her singing, shes sayin "she sings good" but shes not hardcore like us lol... but she kept sayin she got plastic... u know what... even after wathing the steven chan show... OMG... T.T i didnt even bother arguing lol
joey and the modern day c-pop are not my parents' cup of tea. they like the artists contemporary to their earlier age. joey's teacher, roman, would be an example.

they always say im too crazy with my obssession with joey. my dad has no opinion / thinks she's alright but my mum only ever likes to comment on her appearance - that she thinks that she's ugly.