Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JG SURVIVOR FINAL ROUND
I still dont get why can't the best song start off as minor key? I think it's awesome. It starts off as a minor key, ends as a major key... like you start off sad, end in a happy mood... that's just perfect...

QOObrethren Wrote:lol something like a song is really hard to describe and can only be judged by the ears.

all i can judge is by the cd version of the song, not the live concerts because you can sing songs differently in live and in the studio, you can manipulate the song to make it sound better. when i say smoothly i mean not a lot going on. simple and very emotional.
so you're saying a song is better in teh studio for it can be manipulated to sound better?

about wanting to hear a song at the end of the concert... wouldn't u want to hear a song that has the best Live finish quality? then wouldn't the song that joey can sing better live be better?
Phil Wrote:I still dont get why can't the best song start off as minor key? I think it's awesome. It starts off as a minor key, ends as a major key... like you start off sad, end in a happy mood... that's just perfect...

QOObrethren Wrote:lol something like a song is really hard to describe and can only be judged by the ears.

all i can judge is by the cd version of the song, not the live concerts because you can sing songs differently in live and in the studio, you can manipulate the song to make it sound better. when i say smoothly i mean not a lot going on. simple and very emotional.
so you're saying a song is better in teh studio for it can be manipulated to sound better?

about wanting to hear a song at the end of the concert... wouldn't u want to hear a song that has the best Live finish quality? then wouldn't the song that joey can sing better live be better?

all songs are done in studio to edit it to make it sound better. and avoiding you's studio version is better than dull heart.

what you are saying best live finish quality. im saying just sung at its best which sadly happens to be the studio version for many songs.

i gave you my def of the best song which is ambigious. why do you think dull heart is the best. from what i heard so far its more difficult to sing.
[Image: 6t1u6c.jpg]
RIP JG

on the contrary... joey sings dull heart better live. Even Joey admits that it was the last year or so when she started to actually got the true feeling of this song

you keep sayign that avoiding u in studio is better period... notice you're just saying that purely from your own opinion. I advise you to just admit, you like more, period and stop trying to back yourself up with reasons. You dont need reasons to like something, because clearly your arguments aren't strong enough :laugh2:
Phil Wrote:on the contrary... joey sings dull heart better live. Even Joey admits that it was the last year or so when she started to actually got the true feeling of this song

you keep sayign that avoiding u in studio is better period... notice you're just saying that purely from your own opinion. I advise you to just admit, you like more, period and stop trying to back yourself up with reasons. You dont need reasons to like something, because clearly your arguments aren't strong enough :laugh2:

this is still a very subjective poll and theres no clear cut way to judge the best song....i just feel its more emotional, has that titanic ending. those are my guidlines

and i still didn't get your reasons for your likings of dull heart
RIP JG

what do u mean by titanic ending? disastrous ending? that's great...

what reasons do u not understand? they are quite clear already wor...
Phil Wrote:what do u mean by titanic ending? disastrous ending? that's great...

what reasons did you give..you said it was sung better live and more complicated.

titanic ending meaning it ends of with the apex of emotions in the bridge/end of the song. i didn't find that much of an emotional ending to dull heart
RIP JG

QOObrethren Wrote:
Phil Wrote:what do u mean by titanic ending? disastrous ending? that's great...

what reasons did you give..you said it was sung better live and more complicated.

titanic ending meaning it ends of with the apex of emotions in the bridge/end of the song. i didn't find that much of an emotional ending to dull heart

Phil Wrote:-The range of Dull heart is actually wider than avoiding you.
-The difficulty is much higher than avoiding you. It has fast transitions between voice registers/tones. Not even Hacken could sing it properly.
-The arrangement is much more complex, taken a lot more time to do, and is much more dramatic.
-The song goes through a variety of keys (4?) both major and minor
-It's much different from other songs.
-most importantly, the song fits with Joey perfectly.

I missed a couple... more obvious ones that I thought i didn't need to say... but i guess so... it's dramatically emotional. Good melody. Awesome lyrics.

btw... you keep talking about emotions in the bridge and stuff... what is the song about again? wouldn't Dull heart's story be much more heart-throbbing?
I agree with phil!! ^^ I think overall dull heart's better... Joey sang both songs with a lot of emotions ^^

phil wrote:
-The range of Dull heart is actually wider than avoiding you.
-The difficulty is much higher than avoiding you. It has fast transitions between voice registers/tones. Not even Hacken could sing it properly.
-The arrangement is much more complex, taken a lot more time to do, and is much more dramatic.
^ agree 100% Tongue

i love the lyrics.. and the melody is definately catchy.. well.. in my opinion at least Tongue

but everyone has their own perspective.. Qoo's right too.. ^^ avoiding you is a good song.. but it really depends on the person.. what style of music they like..
H2o 1da
[Image: SCww2.jpg]
Loves Jo B ; Loves Jessica ; Loves Myolie; Loves Skye
Phil Wrote:-The range of Dull heart is actually wider than avoiding you.

I missed a couple... more obvious ones that I thought i didn't need to say... but i guess so... it's dramatically emotional. Good melody. Awesome lyrics.

btw... you keep talking about emotions in the bridge and stuff... what is the song about again? wouldn't Dull heart's story be much more heart-throbbing?[/quote]

the range isn't that way off and i think that avoiding you is a little higher.
difficulty is not how you judge a song. i simple song like jingle bells can be a person's best song.
nor does complexity to add to that. dramatic is opinionated but you can say its a point.
avoiding you is also much different than a lot of songs too but that still doesn't mean its the best song.
saying it fits joeys voice is subjective.

when i say emotional is her voice emotionally ends with the song.

heres the lyrics comparison in the endings.

Counting from this minute on,
The spring winds, the autumn showers and everything in between
I hate the fact that during this half a year?s time
My heart to you has slowly become dull
I?ve returned all that I owe to you
Calmly and quietly, my passion for you has slowly diminished
One day, one bit, I?ve been sad for these hundred or so days
I think that it enough to send me to hell and bring me back to Earth
We broke up in spring, I?ll get used to it in autumn
Once the pain is washed away, my heart will become dull

that sounds like a typical breakup

now this:

The world's most puzzling thing is love
The truth is we love each other
But why do we have this emptiness in our hearts
The more I remember, the heavier my heart is
The harder to forget
My thoughts of you loses all control
If I never started this journey with you
This will never have happened
Who would have ever known
That my love for you will never end

love for you will never end....thats like a never-ending force

but to tell you the truth.....you can see the song a different way. tehres no right or wrong question but its more dramatic to me
RIP JG

you dont say "think is higher". it's fact, yes or no. And fact says dull heart goes higher. Simple can be good, but if it's too typical, then that's not good.

umm... dull heart is talking about dealing with the pain of breakup. In the verse, she talks about her pain, in the minor key. In the chorus the key changes to major and the perspective changes, and says that how she can get over it. "春天分手秋天會習慣" saying that she will get over with it...

avoiding you talks about not being brave enough to try the love relationship. =/