Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1314 Concert Discussion Thread + Rundown
I will post comments for the shows that i watched soon...

in the mean time u guys can post your comments here, especially if u went to the concert!

p.s. i met rsung and hylim Big Grin

Rundown for each night
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?k...omany=true
credit: joeyfans.com

edit: scroll down to post #14 for my comments on the concert

my pics of the concert: http://www.joeygalaxy.com/showthread.php...f-taken%29

my pics of the praying ceremony and waiting for Joey after the concert: http://www.joeygalaxy.com/showthread.php...he-concert (updated)
[Image: Joeybanner174edited.png]
[video=youtube;Y_y2Wxjopus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_y2Wxjopus&feature=youtu.be[/video]

*cue the violins* Very touching few words to close the show with. She speaks words of wisdom - especially needed at the start of 2014 (Happy New Year to all!). Now unto the performance.

Not bad at all (She's Joey Frickin Yung here - who's anyone to say anything to that fact alone?) but honestly; her voice was strained, she (wisely) held back on a few sections of the song that she usually tackles with the vigor of a Arsenal football player and in general, she, along with many of us - was just exhausted with work, the closing of the holidays, the onset of a new year, and the added stresses and responsibilities of everyday life (I assume she still has cats to feed, taxes to pay, people to call, things to buy...albeit more expensive ones than I can afford...).

As usual - a honest, touching, bright performance that is impressive under the circumstances present. Bravo Joey!
Whoop!

I start feeling the strain half way through a normal chanting ceremony at temple (we recite and prostrate) - what more of criticizing the abilities of (as some netizens feel so entitled to do) a seasoned performer who's been having to put up with costume changes, dancing, singing, and 10,000 + people gawking at her for nearly 15 nights in a row? Asians (cough Chinese ppl cough) in particular are quite rough. JY deserves respect and a little appreciation for her consistency, stamina, and fabulous work ethic - all trolls out there that can understand this statement - please show it to her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [Image: Renee6426.gif]

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."
Anyone interested to get ticket for tonight 2 hkd 380 ticket on sales.
hi milkysoo, do u have weibo? i suggest u post there (or facebook) for a much higher chance of selling your tickets. if all else fails, go to the hkc/hung hom station early tonight and see if anyone is interested. good luck!

Joey is sick again and her voice is in bad shape like n6 Sad the organizer suggested that she cancel the show but she insisted "the show must go on" because she doesnt want to disappoint the fans who bought tickets. she has received overwhelming support from metizens and other celebrities for putting on a spectacular show even though she is sick. she is receiving acupuncture and injections in her vocal chords. she was sent to the hospital after one of the shows.

[Image: 66075fd8jw1ebxdk63b3ij20dc0hsabn.jpg]
[Image: 1480544_603634776340023_1605417514_n.jpg]
Damn, hope she'll be ok.

I wonder what they'll do for the DVD/blu-ray release, will it be all from one of the shows, or a collection of clips? A lot of clips I saw on YouTube she seemed to sing the songs wrong :S I imagine they'll include the new year's countdown in since that represents the 1314.
they recorded on the 24th too. im hoping most of the singing on the dvd will be from the 24th because her voice was still good then. but it would be kinda weird if they included songs for before and after she got sick... well i'd rather that than have all of it from after she got sick
Since you were there, were there noticeably a different amount of cameras? I have to imagine a lot of stuff is recorded for use inside the show, no reason that stuff couldn't be saved for DVD purposes from all 15 shows.
there werent that many,,,maybe like 2-3? youre' right, they use cameras every night so that they can show it on the screens, so i dont understand why they cant save those.

after this concert, the song that's stuck in my head is Honey! one of my favourite parts of the concert.
hope joey gets well soon. she posted on Instagram today and said her aunt made her a lot of good food, she's back in shape; she also said she can take on another 15 shows now haha.

I don't think Joey should hold another 10+ shows next time...last time in No.6 her vocal chords were exhausted after the 10th show and same thing happened this time for 1314. Two's a pattern, I rather have 10 great amazing shows then to see Joey suffer the last 2-5 shows every time... thanks for the rundown sb!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

J O E Y Y U N G . S T A R L I G H T L E G E N D .
----------------------------------------------------
THE/TEEN/CAN/FORUM/dedicated.to: 側田
RAII:SUPER FAN of GARY.CHAW.GE 曹格
吳卓羲is the best of TVB
TEENWOLF::TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES::ON THE FIRST BEAT::
REVOLVING DOORS OF VENGEANCE::THE FOUR::
FINAL FANTASY VII&VIII
^
Not consecutive ones at least. 15 shows wouldn't be so taxing on one if they were spaced out. Like two shows in a row then a break of four days, one show on xmas eve then a break till new year's eve etc. Logistically it would be kinda a nightmare at the coliseum though so don't really see that happenin'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [Image: Renee6426.gif]

一開始我們就不應該有承諾 
更不該說你會給我承諾什麼
要快樂的時候, 我們就應該快樂
不再奢望著我們將來怎麼

Whatever is impermanent is subject to change. Whatever is subject to change is subject to suffering. - Sakyamuni Buddha

"Darling, for once there was a yesterday, once upon a time there was a us. For auld lang's syne let's not look back, For us, let's step back some..."