JoeyGalaxy - Joey Yung 容祖兒 English Fan Site + Discussion Forum
Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - Printable Version

+- JoeyGalaxy - Joey Yung 容祖兒 English Fan Site + Discussion Forum (https://www.joeygalaxy.com)
+-- Forum: JG Playground (https://www.joeygalaxy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Rant (https://www.joeygalaxy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) (/showthread.php?tid=9025)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - yau_tak - 12-15-2010

I attended Eason's concert in Vancouver yesterday, but I thought Eason really got pssied off by the quiet audience, they just stuck their asess to the chair and did not even respond when Eason waved them up! I sat at the far far away near-to-peak location and found that I was the FIRST person standing to give him that response! All those VIP seats were occupied by stone sculptures! Couldn't you guys leave your honorable seats for a little bit while! Was Eason not great enough for you? Was Cantopop not great enough for you? Then why did you guys even get in!
I don't want Joey to receive this cold response, and please let me rant here... PLEASE SKIP VANCOUVER Joey Yung!

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - spoiledbrat - 12-16-2010

did this happen to Joey in 04? maybe that's why she skipped

what age group were the majority of the audience?

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - yau_tak - 12-16-2010

spoiledbrat Wrote:did this happen to Joey in 04? maybe that's why she skipped

what age group were the majority of the audience?

Mostly youngsters from 14-30 attended. I was at the upper end of the age group.
I was not in Vancouver in 2004, any JG watched that show?

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - Snowy - 12-16-2010

if i remembered correctly, the ticket sale for show up was not that great (someone correct me if i'm wrong). i think she stopped coming to vancouver because of the SUCCESS incident.

i'm actually surprised that most of them sat down..don't the youngsters usually stand up?

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - yau_tak - 12-16-2010

Snowy, what was the SUCCESS incident?

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - Hairball - 12-16-2010

That still seems uncalled for if he said that during the concert.

But if you're a fan of Joey, wouldn't you want to see her perform anyways in your city?

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - StarLightRaii - 12-16-2010

yau_tak Wrote:I attended Eason's concert in Vancouver yesterday, but I thought Eason really got pssied off by the quiet audience, they just stuck their asess to the chair and did not even respond when Eason waved them up! I sat at the far far away near-to-peak location and found that I was the FIRST person standing to give him that response! All those VIP seats were occupied by stone sculptures! Couldn't you guys leave your honorable seats for a little bit while! Was Eason not great enough for you? Was Cantopop not great enough for you? Then why did you guys even get in!
I don't want Joey to receive this cold response, and please let me rant here... PLEASE SKIP VANCOUVER Joey Yung!

HAHA I LOVE HOW U USED THE TERM 'STONE SCULPTURES' Big Grin
its ok, they just stupid cuz they dunno who they're watching, bunch of music dummies =__=

that's how i felt when ppl were leaving after Joey's Power Medley in Atlantic City!!! i was like HELLO?!?!?!?!?! even fans holding light boards and signs...they walked right out after joey waved

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - van - 12-16-2010

^fail.

Joey's concert in Melbourne was a bit lacking of atmosphere BUT that's mainly because the organisers provided nothing for us to clap with. Also, the venue was HUGE (larger than hkc) so there was no way to fill it anyway. But I think Joey enjoyed her time here. She liked Sydney anyway so I'm sure she'll return.

As for Eason's Melbourne concert. He held it at a smaller venue but omg, the atmosphere was AWESOME (heaps of interaction with audience LOL). yeah, sometimes you go to concerts with a lot of older people who got the tickets for free...they sort of ruin the atmosphere. I can see why Eason would be peeved off.

Hope he returns though because for some people, it's the only way they can watch HK singers perform live.

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - newbie123 - 12-16-2010

OMGOSH.. That's soooo... lameeeee... Screwdriver them! (/quote scubs LOL)

But yeah, that's quite surprising though cause Vancouver meant to be the city with most Cantonese people? So I'd expect concerts there would have the best atmosphere.. How disappointing though.. for Eason and also those who like him. I feel bad for you yau_tak ><

Yeah I attended the Eason Melbourne concert with Van and the atmosphere was really good ^^ and the venue was packed.

Couldn't you cheer up Vancouverites! (Eason's concert) - blablablah - 12-16-2010

wahahahaha we're gonna be so much better tomorrow for DUO Toronto Smile Chinese North American concerts are normally quite dead though...but Toronto is another story Tongue not to be cocky but i remember Joey saying that Toronto had the best atmosphere (yet she almost called us Vancouver Sad ) which is why we were the only city that had an actual encore.