JoeyGalaxy - Joey Yung 容祖兒 English Fan Site + Discussion Forum
Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - Printable Version

+- JoeyGalaxy - Joey Yung 容祖兒 English Fan Site + Discussion Forum (https://www.joeygalaxy.com)
+-- Forum: Joey's Lounge (https://www.joeygalaxy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Joey Chat (https://www.joeygalaxy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay (/showthread.php?tid=8452)

Pages: 1 2

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - spoiledbrat - 04-30-2010

<style> </style> Dearest by Barbie

(original Chinese essay at the bottom)

I think I will never forget her story.

The story traces back ten years ago.

A voice that cannot be avoided captured the ears and hearts of listeners.

She probably still remembers how nervous she was when she stepped into the recording studio!

When "Unknown" got second place on a radio station's charts, she recalls that she was so happy that she cried!

Dearest, perhaps you do not know, that year you won the newcomer gold award, your sincere and childish smile, was the most beautiful I have ever seen in this world. Because of these ten years of your never-changing smile, I cannot help but cry emotional tears.

Her career had only just started, but unfortunately she lost her voice. At that time, her mood was very down. A pitiful her cried and told herself that she may never be able to sing again. This is indeed a dreadful thing, isn't it? Thankfully, after one year's time, she was able to recover her vocal chords. From then on, she said that she would recklessly protect this "baby."

Dearest, why is it that during this low point you had to endure a string of negative news from the outside world? Perhaps you do not know that we felt even worse than you.

That year an epidemic disease devastated all of Hong Kong. "My Pride" seemed to be sent from the sky. The pleasant and soft voice, the touching and encouraging melody, soothed the weak spirits of the people. Her voice represented a mission, and in our lives, she became the good news during times of adversity.

Dearest, I saw you flying very high that year, and I knew that this would be a magnificent leaf. But behind this leaf, do you remember that were only flapping your beautiful wings, and used up several years of energy in the process?

That year, she said some truthful words on the stage, which attracted widespread criticism. She was only 26 at the time. At last, the wind and rain did not blow this flower over, but instead, the flower grew a lot. She said that she doesn't regret it, but will reflect on her thoughts, and use action to replace words to prove what kind of person she is.

Dearest, perhaps you do not know, that your real temperament is not fake, not conceited. These are human nature’s most valuable qualities. Just use your talent to prove that these qualities existed in you the whole time.

In 2008, she must have been the sky’s most dazzling star during those 14 nights. The rays of light that shined out of the star, interweaved her love for singing and dancing, and illuminated over the 13000 viewers’ beating hearts. She belongs on the stage------ this idea is rooted in the bottom of many people’s hearts. No one can sum up how much blood and sweat she poured into StarLight, because it is just too much.

Dearest, perhaps you do not know, every time I watch you on stage, it is as if you want to deprive your whole life’s energy to shine. As fans, we yearn to deprive ourselves of all our love to support you.

Ten years have unknowingly gone by since her story first began.
When she stepped on the stage where she once competed in a singing contest, and re-sang that day’s song, below the stage had already went from just two supporters, until today, where everyone at the place came as fans to support her. Her re-singing of the song is no longer only a good, simple song. She also sang out every song’s feelings, including her ten years and our progress of growing up.

People always view luck too simply. The luck god would only care for those who are diligent in their devotions. How is Perfect Ten Live Show 2009 simply just a show? It represents a girl who persisted, worked hard, and became a beautiful legend.

Dearest, we will never forget the story that you made with your own hands. You have said before, sometimes you will feel that you are not worthy of us waiting for you rain or shine, but you are very wrong. With your ten years of being on the stage, all the support that you deserve is as numerous as the sands of the Ganges.

In these ten years, we have also had our happy and rough times. With all of which that happened, your songs helped us keep many scenes that will never happen again. Following your songs is like building a type of deep relationship, like an old friend I have known for ten years growing up with me. Ten years of memories, very lucky to have known you. It is certainly valuable.

By no means does the story end here. It depends on the female lead to continue to use her voice, her spirit to keep going. In the future, when her voice retires, her everything will still be a ray of light, burning in my heart at every moment, and never to be extinguished. Why should I fear the death of this star?

We once danced to the sound of our hearts (lyrics in Grow Up With Me). Best wishes. Your voice has enriched our whole lives.

Thank you-------- My dearest, dearest, Joey Yung.

《親愛的》

我想,我永遠也不會忘記,她這樣的一個故事。

故事追溯至十年前,...... 詳全文
一把不可逃避的聲音,抓住了聽眾的耳朵和心。
她還很清楚記得自己是如何緊張地踏入錄音室吧!
當得知〈未知〉這首歌在電台的流行榜上得到亞軍位置時,

她曾憶述當天,真的高興得流下淚來。

親愛的, 也許妳不知道,妳在那年奪得新人金獎,泛起的那個笑容,

真摯而帶點傻氣,是我看過世上最美最美的。為著這個十年

不變的笑容,我也不得不留下感動的淚來。

事業不過才剛剛起步,卻不幸地失聲。
當其時,她的心情實在很糟很糟,可憐的她,曾哭著說自己

以後可能不可再當歌手了。這確實是一件很可怕的事吧?然

而,感謝上天的疪佑,整整過了一年時間,好不容易地重拾

聲帶,自此以後,她說她不顧一切的也要把這個「寶貝」好

好留住。

親愛的,為什麼偏偏在妳這個最低潮的時期,還要妳承受著

外界一連串負面新聞,也許妳不知道,我們當時的心情,甚

至比妳還差勁。

那年,疫症肆虐全港。
〈我的驕傲〉,像在天空中傳來的,
那把多麼動聽溫柔的歌聲,多麼感人勵志的旋律,不知撫慰

了多少人那虛弱的心靈。原來,她的歌聲,還代表著一個使

命,成為我們生命裡,逆境中的佳音。

親愛的,看見妳在那年,飛得很高很高時,我知道這會是妳

很光輝的一頁。然而,這一頁的背後,又有沒有記載到,妳

不過是為了拍動這雙美麗的翅膀,也已經費了好幾年的氣力

呢。

那年,她在台上說了一句真心說話,然後招至滿城風雨。
那時候,不過才二十六歲。最終,風雨並沒有把這朵花兒吹

倒,反而更茁壯地成長了許多,她說,她不後悔,但她會反

省,用實力和行動去代替說話,證明她是一個如何的人。

親愛的,也許妳不知道,妳一直以來的真性情,不造作,不

虛偽,不自滿,是人性中多麼寶貴的東西。就用妳的實力證

明吧,這些屬於妳的本質,多年來一直都存在。

二零零八年,那十四天的晚上,她必定是夜空中最耀眼的星

星。星星所發出的光芒,交織了她對歌唱的熱愛,舞台的熱

誠,精神,照耀著台下萬三名觀眾跳動的心。她是屬於舞台

的--------這個觀念植根在許許多多的人心底中。

沒有人有方法去計算她為Starlight演唱會所傾倒

過的心血與汗水吧,這是因為實在太多了。

親愛的,也許妳不知道,每次看到妳在台上,彷彿要窮妳一

生的力去發光發亮時,作為妳歌迷的, 我們也多麼渴望可以去窮自己所有的愛去支持妳。

她的故事,不經不覺來到十年後的今天。
當她重踏昔日歌唱比賽的場地,重唱當日的比賽歌曲時,
台下已由當天只有兩個來支持她的人,演變成今天全場所有

人也是為她而出席的支持者。她重新唱出來的,已經不再是

單單一首好聽的歌那麼簡單了,她還唱出了每首歌的歲月情

懷,包括她的十年,和我們的成長歷程。

世人總把運氣看得太簡單了,幸運之神從來只會眷顧一些肯

用心去付出的人吧。二零零九年,Perfect Ten Live Show, 又何止是一個Show那麼簡單?它代表了一名女孩,因為

堅持和努力而成就的美麗傳奇。

親愛的, 我們永遠也不會忘記,由妳雙手親手打造,這樣的一個故事

。妳曾經說過,有時候會覺得自己並不那麼值得我們風雨不

改地等待妳,可是妳大錯特錯了,憑妳十年舞台上的一切,

妳所值得承受的支持,多得如恆河沙數。

十年的日子裡,我們也跟妳一樣有風光時有黑暗時,一切發

生過的,都由妳的歌,替我們留住了許多不能重來的畫面;

跟妳的歌就像建立了一種很深厚的感情,彷如一個相識十年

的老朋友般,陪我長大;十年的回憶,有幸認識到妳,實在

彌足珍貴。

故事並不就此完結,還得靠女主角,繼續用她的歌聲,精神

把它延續下去。即使他日,她的歌聲要成為絕響之時,她的

一切,仍然是那一道無時無刻在我心坎中熾熱著,永不熄滅

的光芒,我又何懼這顆星的殞落。

我們曾以心聲跳舞。祝福妳。妳的歌聲,豐富了我們一生的

歲月。

謝謝妳----------我那親愛親愛的,容祖兒。

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - Emiko - 04-30-2010

Thank you for the translation Smile
Barbie did a great job.

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - StarLightRaii - 05-01-2010

when was this essay contest held? nice essay barbie Big Grin

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - newbie123 - 05-01-2010

I don't think it's the Barbie from JG haha.

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - kei_chan06 - 05-01-2010

Thanks for the translation! It was a wonderful read.
So what was this essay for? ^_^o

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - Raybie - 05-01-2010

Incredibleeeeeeeeeeee thanks spoiledbrat can't believe you managed to translate all of that, I know it took you a long time!

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - spoiledbrat - 05-01-2010

that's right, this isn't the same Barbie as the one who posts her singing in the karaoke thread.

the contest was held in early December on Joey's facebook. i made a thread about it here:
http://www.joeygalaxy.com/showthread.php?8060-Who-wants-a-Christmas-present-from-Joey&highlight=essay+facebook

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - van - 05-01-2010

I know the essay loses some of its effect through translations but nevertheless, it is indeed beautifully written. Love the images that the writer conjures in the reader's mind!

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - rsung - 05-01-2010

van Wrote:Love the images that the writer conjures in the reader's mind!
I agree! The similes and metaphors used throughout the essay is very beautiful. I enjoyed reading this, and it covers very well several of the important aspects of Joey's career. Barbie's essay thoroughly deserves the win!

Thanks for the time and effort in translating this essay, Spoiledbrat! You totally rock! :bow:

Joey's Essay Contest: The Winning Essay - JOEY FAN - 05-01-2010

Wow that was indeed very touching. pui fok pui fok only if I could write something like that, IN CHINESE. gg.